March 28, 2012

Mass Effect 3

Date played: March 27th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I did a side quest that had me explore an abandoned monastery. It's a monastery for sterile Asari who can be turned into Banshees by the Reapers. The Banshees are pretty tough to beat, having a strong barrier and tons of armor. I tend to take off their barrier with a strong sniper shot from stealth to take off the barrier. Then I change to armor piercing ammo and take potshots at them until they die. They are fun to fight.

I met Samara, one of the squad members in Mass Effect 2 and she and her daughters needed my help to escape from the place. I blew the whole place up since it was crawling with Reapers. These religious sterile bitches have a weird sect-like code that prevents them from living outside the monastery. When I blew it up, Samara would have had to kill her daughter since she would be breaking the code so instead, she decided to shoot herself in the head. Since my Shepard doesn't care for religious extremists, I let her splatter her brains on the floor and killed the remaining daughter to prevent her from being converted to a Banshee. So long Samara, I never cared for you anyway.
Banshees are the most dangerous Reaper class so far

I also continued the main quest by meeting with the Quarians on the edge of the galaxy. I was super happy to see Tali as part of the fleet! They are fighting the Geth again, trying to retake their homeworld but they've put themselves in a bad position and now need my help to push the Geth back. In return, they will provide me with their amazing fleet to fight the Reapers with me. Seems worth the effort.