March 3, 2012

Darksiders

Date played: March 2nd
Platform: PS3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I picked up where I left off a long time ago, at the beginning of the spider dungeon. It took me a while to get my bearings and remember how to control this game but after that, I was rolling through that dungeon like my name was Link. I had to kill four mini spider bosses before reaching the main boss. To kill the mini spiders, I had to use my new gadget, the grapple hook.

Darksiders in 2D would work
Basically, it's both a useful tool when navigating the area and a decent combat tool, stunning enemies and even removing their armor, some sort of ice shield in the spider's case. I reached the final boss after a lot of platforming, fighting and exploring but the game froze during the cut scene so I stopped playing there. Next time, spider boss!